Plan de Manejo
Socioeconomic Management Plan - PMS
By means of Resolution 640 of 2021, the National Environmental Licensing Authority (ANLA) modified the first article of Resolution 970 of May 20, 2010, issued by the Ministry of Environment, and determined that the community of Boqueron should not be resettled, given that this population center does not belong to any category or classification of contamination source area.
Instead, it ordered Prodeco and the other companies of the Cesar mining corridor (Drummond LTD. and C.I. COLOMBIAN NATURAL RESOURCES I S.A. (today Colombian Natural Resources SAS Under Reorganization), CNR III LTD (today CNR III Sucursal Colombia Under Reorganization), to formulate and implement a Socioeconomic Management Plan (PMS) for this community, located in the municipality of La Jagua de Ibirico, Cesar.
By means of Resolution No. 664 of March 29, 2022, the ANLA approved the PMS presented by the mining companies, leaving Prodeco in charge of the following obligations grouped in seven tasks:
- Intervention and expansion of the Child Development Center (CDI)
- Improvement of the Health Center
- Construction of Central Park
- Construction of Sports Center
- Improvement of Police Inspectorate
- Rural and urban productive development program
- Gender and domestic violence prevention program.
- All the bidding, screening and selection processes of operators for the development of the tasks entrusted to Prodeco were developed.
The following were selected:
- The company AEOSTAVE for the design of the five civil works.
- NGO Sumérgete for the development of the domestic violence and gender-based violence set.
- The company ADEL Zapatosa for the execution of the productive and commercial characterization study for the rural and urban productive projects program.
Prodeco was the first company to complete all seven tasks simultaneously.
- In response to indications in the health center intervention task, Prodeco has been guaranteeing since June 2022 an agreement with the Jorge Isaac Rincón Hospital in La Jagua de Ibirico, for the provision of basic health services for the town of Boqueron or a two (2) year term.
- Six (6) monthly progress status meetings were held with the community action board and community representatives, where they were informed about the monthly compliance of the activities carried out by Prodeco.
- The employment opportunities that could be capitalized at the time of executing each of the tasks were agreed with the community, establishing the following:
- In the productive subprogram task, at the time of conducting the productive and commercial study of the town, the ten facilitators and the administrative assistant required for this purpose would be people born or residing in the town.
- In relation to the family violence and gender-based violence task, students of related careers will be given the opportunity to participate and be certified in the subject matter, in addition to being hired to provide support for mass events.
- All goods and services that may be needed will be obtained, if possible, from the respective town.
- A classification was made of the existing companies in the Boqueron district so that, under compliance with the minimum requirements, they could subcontract with Prodeco in the development of the civil works task.
- Quarterly progress reports on the PMS and monthly planning of activities with the community were submitted to the ANLA.