One of our environmental commitments
We are committed to adequately managing the possible impacts associated mainly with emissions of particulate matter produced by port operations, coal transportation and storage, and care and maintenance activities at mining projects.
In addition, in the populated centers of the area of influence there are recurrent practices such as uncontrolled burning of solid waste and vehicle traffic on unpaved roads which, as a whole, contribute to increased levels of particulate matter and affect the region's air quality characteristics.
In response to this impact, we permanently manage and maintain the necessary measures to:
- Control and minimize emissions generated in our operations.
- Monitor the characteristics of air quality in the areas of influence.
- Support education strategies and actions to prevent the uncontrolled burning of waste and other practices that affect air quality in the communities in the vicinity of our projects.
Operational air quality controls that we implement:
- Humidification and emission control program on internal roads.
- Spraying and emission control system for coal stockpile management.
- Humidification and compaction of the coal in the wagons.
- Revegetation and reforestation of tailings disposal sites.